The aims of the South Gloucestershire Music Hub are to broaden and increase the opportunities for music-making for all children and young people across the area, regardless of their background or personal circumstances, and to raise the overall standards of music provision to the highest levels possible.
So if you’re responsible for the content and direction of music education for the children and young people in your school or academy, then this is the place where you can find out how we can support you. We offer wide-ranging support for all aspects of music in schools and we can work with you to help make music in your school the best it can be. As a grant funded music hub we’re the preferred provider of music opportunities in the local authority, so we’re well placed to help you deliver on both core and extension roles.
Music can unlock the potential of your pupils and have a transformation on school life – and where there’s great music in a school, you can be sure it’s also a great school.
As an overview we’re responsible for providing the following core roles in the local authority:
- Ensuring that every child aged 5-18 has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument (other than voice) through whole-class ensemble teaching programmes
- Providing opportunities to play in ensembles and to perform from an early stage
- Ensuring that clear progression routes are available and affordable to all young people
- Developing a singing strategy to ensure that every pupil sings regularly and that choirs and other vocal ensembles are available in the area
In addition to the core roles we offer the following extension roles to children and young people in South Gloucestershire:
- The offer of CPD to school staff, particularly in supporting schools to deliver music in the curriculum
- Provide an instrument loan service, with discounts or free provision for those on low incomes
- Access to large-scale and / or high quality music experiences for students, working with professional musicians and / or venues
Support is tailored to address your individual requirements and can be provided to all your school stakeholders including senior leaders, teachers, subject leaders, parents, governors and children.
Benefits of using the South Gloucestershire Music Hub
- Our service is flexible and responsive to the needs of schools
- Our associate music teachers are experienced, qualified, fully quality assured and hold current DBS checks
- You will be able to access performance opportunities both locally and nationally
- We build on long standing and successful relationships with schools and leading professional music organisations
- We understand the local context in which you work and link regularly to local and national expertise to keep skills up to date and relevant