Curriculum Music/PPA Lessons
Class based musical learning
- Music lessons provided in schools throughout the school day to deliver classroom music curriculum at primary or secondary level as determined by the school in collaboration with the Music Hub.
- Music lessons on a weekly basis through term time, with the length of the lesson determined by the school, in collaboration with SGMH
- A progressive learning process with regular monitoring and assessments
- Fully qualified, experienced teachers.
- Schools must provide a suitable learning environment for the lessons
- To provide access to interactive whiteboard technology and internet access if required
- To liaise with the music teacher about any specific requirements connected with the curriculum to enable effective planning to be carried out
- To ensure the work is linked to the school’s overarching scheme of work for music
- To liaise with the music teacher about any situations that may affect the delivery of the lesson, in advance where possible e.g. school trips
- To advise the music teacher about any students with special learning needs, which may affect the learning of those students.
- A fully vetted and managed Associate Music Teacher with all appropriate disclosure and barring checks (DBS)
- Associate Music Teachers who are Quality Assured – an observation moderation visit and feedback on an annual basis informed by school feedback
- Teacher with QTS qualifications who can deliver class music lessons
- Fully vetted and managed music teacher with all appropriate disclosure and barring checks (DBS) carried out.
- End of year assessments for reports.
- We provide PPA time to the teacher as part of the package.
- Our Teaching and Learning Music Adviser is available to visit your school to carry out an instrumental audit and advise you on replacing and expanding your instrumental resources or support the development of your curriculum.