Individual and Small Group Tuition
- Music lessons provided in schools throughout the school day on the requested instrument at times determined by the Music Hub in collaboration with the school
- Lessons normally start in September but can commence at any other time of the academic year.
- Music lessons in groups or for individual students lasting for a minimum of 20 minutes on a weekly basis throughout term time
- A progressive teaching and learning programme with regular monitoring and access to qualification routes if required
- A minimum visit time of 30 minutes
- A Playing@home diary to support learning
- Schools must provide a suitable learning environment for the lesson
- Schools and parents/carers encourage learning, particularly playing at home and taking part in ensemble activity between lessons
- Parents and carers purchase relevant music books and consumables e.g. strings, reeds
- Parents and carers pay for examination fees and related costs
- Maintain communication with Music Hub staff and Hub administration concerning potential changes to the visit schedule
- A fully vetted and managed Associate Music Teacher with all appropriate disclosure and barring checks (DBS).
- Associate Music Teachers who are Quality Assured – an observation moderation visit and feedback on an annual basis informed by school feedback
- Associate music teachers who can access up to 5 days CPD to ensure consistency of practice, enhancement of skills and pedagogy and up to date knowledge on music policy
- Additional opportunities to support the learning process e.g. music theory, examinations, orchestras, bands and choirs, advice and guidance on instrumental purchase
- Secondary schools receive information regarding Y6 transfers lists all the Y6 students currently receiving tuition from the Hub who will be coming to their school in September.
- There is no remission scheme provided by the Music Hub. Schools will have published remission schemes that usually provide some financial support for looked-after children or those who have registered and are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and those in receipt of Pupil Premium Funding
- Schools are charged an hourly rate of £34.85
- The minimum time for a lesson is 20 minutes although 30 is recommended.
- The minimum recommended group sizes are:
20 minutes lesson shared by 2 students. 30 minute lesson shared by 3 – 4 students.
Any other groupings would need to be discussed and agreed with the music teacher.