South Gloucestershire Primary Schools’ Carol Service
- A traditional carol service for 1000 primary aged children in Key Stage 2. (Please note there is no room for an audience so parents are unable to attend)
- The carols (a selection of traditional and modern) are accompanied by a Brass Ensemble and the Cathedral organ
- There will be a carol in another language and an opportunity to sing and sign “Away in a Manger“
- Schools are invited to prepare readings and special items which have included singing and instrumental interludes
- There will be a nativity tableau with a real baby and a real donkey!
- Students are invited to design the carol service sheet through a competition and selections of designs are displayed in the cathedral
- The prayers and blessings are led by a senior member of the Cathedral
- The cathedral has an unrestricted view and “in the round” seating
- Friday 2 December 2016 at Clifton Cathedral, Bristol from 2.00 – 3.15pm
- All participants arrive for a short rehearsal at 1.35 pm
- Details of the carols to be sung will be sent to participating schools together with a rehearsal CD in September
- Words and signing symbols will be provided.
- up to 20 students – £40
21 – 40 students – £70
41 – 60 students – £95
over 60 students – £105
- The costs include the hire of Clifton Cathedral, CDs, service sheets, and musicians
- We regret that due to our fixed costs, there is a 50% cancellation charge. This will be applied if your school withdraws or significantly alters numbers following our confirmation of acceptance
- Schools are responsible for transport to and from the cathedral
- Schools are invited to donate to a collection which is given to the South Gloucestershire Chair of Council’s Charity
- An invitation letter will be sent to schools early September. A prompt reply is advisable to avoid disappointment
- Places are allocated in order of receipt.