Ensembles and choirs in school
One of the aspirations on the National Plan for Music Education is that every school should aspire to having a choir, an orchestra, or large scale ensemble. In support of this we offer the provision of ensembles for groups of students who come together regularly to create music. These ensembles also support instrumental tuition and can range from small groups to larger orchestras and choirs and bands playing all styles of music.
Ensembles can take place during the school day or after school and vary in duration, starting from 30 minutes to one hour.
What do we provide?
- A qualified music teacher who will lead the group once a week, or as agreed by the school
- Access to our extensive music library
- Planning and delivery in collaboration with the school, along with tailored advice and information to meet the school’s requirements
- We also offer musical expertise in preparation for concerts, musical theatre, as well as judging and adjudicating music competitions and events
What responsibilities do schools have?
- To provide suitable spaces for each activity being delivered
- To ensure that the students attend regularly, following up any continued absences
- To ensure regular planning and evaluation sessions take place with the music leader
- To provide performance opportunities throughout the year
What does it cost?
- Prices start from £50 an hour, with the final cost negotiated when all requirements are known