Ensembles and Choirs in School
One of the aspirations on the National Plan for Music Education is that every school should aspire to having a choir, an orchestra or large scale ensemble. In support of this SGMH offers:
- Provision of ensembles for groups of students who come together regularly to create music
- Ensembles support instrumental tuition and provide other ways for students to make music
- Ensembles can take place during the school day or after school
- Ensembles can range from, small groups to larger orchestras, choirs and bands of all styles of music
- Ensembles can vary in duration from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- A Music Teacher who will lead the group once a week or as agreed by the school
- If the ensemble needs to have music especially arranged/adapted a charge will be made
- Planning and delivery in collaboration with the school
- Advice and information to meet the school’s needs
- We can also assist by offering musical expertise in preparation for concerts, musical theatre, judging and adjudicating music competitions and events.
- To provide suitable spaces for each activity being delivered
- To ensure that the students attend regularly, following up any continued absences
- To ensure regular planning and evaluation sessions take place with the music leader
- To provide performance opportunities throughout the year.
- Prices start from £43 an hour. The fee will be negotiated when requirements are known